Eat beautifully and glow festively!
In India, we celebrate festivals for nearly half the year! From August to December, we revel in the festive atmosphere of one grand event after another. And along with all the fun and frolic, comes the yummy goodies that not only throw our healthy eating plans out of gear, but also actively detract from the glow on our skin.
Here are some tips to help you approach eating sensibly this season to avoid the skin disasters that may be lurking.
1. Scarlett O'Hara did it and so can we! Eat a light meal before going to a party. This way, you can nibble on exactly what you like.
2. Restrict sweets to only one per day. Sugar is a big glow-robber. It causes inflammation which reduces skin glow and can also cause acne.
3. Water is your best friend, especially when you are feeling spirited! Drink one glass of water for every glass of alcohol you consume.
4. If you are not drinking alcohol, stick to water. Sugary, cola drinks are terrible for your skin.
5. Know your weakness! Most of us have a soft spot for something sweet or salty. Admitting it is important. Eat your weakness first. This way, you will not have any cravings or feelings of deprivation.
6. Always share or split your dessert.
7. When it comes to snacks, eat only half a samosa or kachori. It’s half the calories and guilt, but all the fun!
8. Eat less during the day if you plan to attend a party at night.
9. Eat at least one meal at home and ensure it is full of proteins and multicolored vegetables.
10. Never skip your skin care routine, especially the night one, during this season. Good external care can cover up for some of the internal loss.
11. Remember to exercise at least 5 times a week to keep your blood circulation and metabolism high.
12. Don’t skimp on your sleep. It is called beauty sleep for a reason. Catch at least 7 hours of ZZZs, three to four times a week.